LuxDeco Tastemaker, Abigail Ahern, won’t let the less-than-ideal weather forecast prevent her from enjoying her time off this bank holiday weekend. The interior designer reveals what she’s getting up to complete with delicious menu ideas and easy styling tips.
Q. How do you plan on spending this bank holiday weekend?
Gardening, cooking, pottering, walking my two dogs and catching up with a bit of reading.
Q. What’s on your bank holiday menu?
Roasted chicken with a quinoa, beet and pecorino salad!
Q 3. What home decorating task are you tackling?
None, actually! I want to spend the whole time relaxing. I have had about seven weeks of crazy days – travelling or working and barely getting a day off – so this weekend is all about doing not much.
Q. Any tips for enjoying the weekend regardless of the weather?
I love cooking so it doesn’t really matter to me if the weather is good or bad. Also, I love changing things up in the house so rethinking the furniture layout, say, or changing up the stuff on a console – simple things that give you immediate gratification regardless of the weather.
Try Abigail’s Easy 3-Step Roast Chicken Recipe
1 whole chicken
3 or 4 glugs of olive oil
Seasoning (salt, pepper or your choice)
Preheat the oven to 190 C°
1. Cut a lemon in half and put half inside the bird with seasoning.
2. Drizzle the juice of the other half over the bird with olive oil and seasoning and place in a foil-lined tray.
BIG TIP – Cook the bird upside down for the first 40 minutes for super, super crispy skin on the outside!
3. Turn the chicken the proper way round and cook for another 30 minutes.
My Bank Holiday Favourites
1. That feeling you get on the Sunday when you know you have a whole other day off!
2. Flea markets I don’t get time to go to. There are many, but this weekend it’s the Soho Flea market and I can’t wait.
3. Walks in the Royal parks with my two dogs. Hyde Park and Green Park are our favourites!
4. A swim in the lido – with many people out of town on the long weekend, my local lido empties out and I can enjoy a leisurely early morning outdoor swim.
5. Rounding the whole weekend off in a cool pub – Cat & Mutton or Mother Kelly’s. Nice!
Delicious home-made food, simple but effective design updates and plenty of relaxing – we like your style, Abigail!